• My entire site looks like a site for RocketTheme'

What do I Do?

Marjory

/
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: What to do

Posted 18 years 2 days ago
    • You can replace all images of the template with yours in editing the original files (either in Photoshop if .psd files available or in Fireworks, .png images). The images of your template are located in: /templates/nameofthetemplate/images

You can also edit css to change the colors and the fonts.
    • Yves

Posted 18 years 2 days ago
    • GABIOUD YVES wrote:
      You can replace all images of the template with yours in editing the original files (either in Photoshop if .psd files available or in Fireworks, .png images). The images of your template are located in: /templates/nameofthetemplate/images

You can also edit css to change the colors and the fonts.

Thank You ,

Off to try.

Marjory

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • GABIOUD YVES wrote:
      The images of your template are located in: /templates/nameofthetemplate/images

Is this in the back office? How do I locate It?

Marjory
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• You can use joomlaxplorer, a component you can find here: http://extensions.joomla.org . You will be able to edit, delete, copy, rename, upload files, and change file permissions if necessary.

Or, if you have a FTP program, you can also replace your images, but sometimes, you have not the required file permissions. This is where joomlaxplorer is very useful.

If it's still not clear, don't hesitate to ask more info.
    • Yves

• GABIOUD YVES wrote:
      You can use joomlaxplorer, a component you can find here: http://extensions.joomla.org . You will be able to edit, delete, copy, rename, upload files, and change file permissions if necessary.

Or, if you have a FTP program, you can also replace your images, but sometimes, you have not the required file permissions. This is where joomlaxplorer is very useful.

Once again Thank you shall return.
      marjory

• GABIOUD YVES wrote:
      You can use joomlaxplorer, a component you can find here: http://extensions.joomla.org . You will be able to edit, delete, copy, rename, upload files, and change file permissions if necessary.

If it's still not clear, don't hesitate to ask more info.

I down loaded joomlaxplorer with no problems, Do not understand how to use it?
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• marjory albury wrote:
      I down loaded joomlaxplorer with no problems, Do not understand how to use it?

I suppose that you installed it. Then you log in as admin, go to Composants, choose JoomlaXplorer. You get access to different folders like probably logs, tools, web. Open the folder which contains the folder templates, you should find different folders, like probably JavaBean, rhuk_solarflare, etc. Locate the folder of the template you are using. Inside it, you will find an images folder, which contains the images you will have to replace by the one you created in Fireworks (or Photoshop). Look each tool icon to understand what action it performs.

Before, do a backup of at least this folder, in case you have to reinstall the original images.

I hope you will manage to change the look of you site as you want.

[Edit] In version 1.5 of joomlaxplorer, don't use FTP mode, a few users had big trouble with it. Or use version 1.4.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .
    • Yves

• Yves,

Thank you for your help.

Marjory

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds