0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokSprocket Template overrides

• Antony Doyle
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Web designer, developer.

SOLVED RokSprocket Template overrides

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

I know I'm not supposed to ask extension / template specific questions here, my Joomla sub has expired, but my PHPBB sub is still valid, so I'm hoping you might let it slide *crosses fingers* :oops:

I'm trying to override the RokSprocket module layouts (specifically, tabs) in a non-RocketTheme template, but no matter where I place the overrides (html/com_roksprocket/*any number of combinations of dir structures*), I just can't get it to override. Is there something special I need to be doing for this to work? I can (and have) override any other component and module.

Because I'm trying to override the modules, should I be dropping them into a mod_roksprocket folder, rather than com_? Even though the module gets it layout from the component?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
    • jpl1.618
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED RokSprocket Template overrides

• From: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=61..._v=viewtopic#p796853
      1. You can override the RokSprocket layout files and css by setting up a new directory inside your template folder named /roksprocket. Follow the directory structure that matches the roksprocket component. An example of an override for lists would be:

/roksprocket/layouts/lists/themes/default/

If you copy the index.php and lists.css from the component into this directory and make your modifications, RokSprocket will use these template override files rather than the core roksprocket ones.
    • Antony Doyle
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Web designer, developer.

• Ah, excellent.. Thank you :)
  • Re: SOLVED RokSprocket Template overrides

Posted 10 years 9 months ago
    • jpl1.618 wrote:
      From: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=61..._v=viewtopic#p796853
      1. You can override the RokSprocket layout files and css by setting up a new directory inside your template folder named /roksprocket. Follow the directory structure that matches the roksprocket component. An example of an override for lists would be:

/roksprocket/layouts/lists/themes/default/

If you copy the index.php and lists.css from the component into this directory and make your modifications, RokSprocket will use these template override files rather than the core roksprocket ones.

I tried this but it doesnt seem to change it. I need the override because with the updates it erazes the modified CSS... I followed the instructions but maybe i did somethign wrong. I am using joomla 2.5.11...
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • Rocksprocket override I try everything but probably what you suppose to do, I guess.....

NOT WORKING

I need to override the item.php

This is a picture of my com_roksproket folder inside my template/html folder

WHAT’S WRONG — ME.... PROBABLY :shock:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • The following users have thanked you: Eoin

• Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • Should it be mod_roksproket instead of com_roksproket?
    • The following users have thanked you: Patrick Toulze

• Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• Yep mod — Thanks
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Antony Doyle - Please note that by other members answering your post it takes you out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response.

I am sorry that we missed your post on this occasion. It is rare but it does happen. Do you still require assistance?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • The only way I could get this working was by adding in a new theme into com_rockettheme (not the template directory) and then editing the XML file. My overrides don't seem to override so I don't know if this is possible. Others say they got it working but I don't seem to be able to, and the Joomla! create overrides button doesn't really help.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds