Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Custom content for custom templates - is this possible?

Custom content for custom templates - is this possible?

Posted 17 years 10 months ago
    • Hello all...

I was wondering if it was possible to add custom content to certant custom templates?
      For instance if I had 3 modified templates for 3 different people, and the themes of their templates were VERY different in looks, so that if I showed template 2 to person 2, he would be presented with some content that was aimed at his theme, especially images...

Perhaps a special component or whatever - any ideas?

With kind regards and a happy day to all
      - Thomas
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Custom content for custom templates - is this possible?

• It's an interesting concept, but not one that ive heard of before. Perhaps community builder has something that could help? I'm not sure. I think it would require some more advanced group capability in joomla first, perhaps 1 group per template choice, then you could assign content to groups. Until that happens, I don't really think it's possible even for a custom component.

• Cheers for your repley Andy, I shall look foreward to it's implementation ;)

• Andy I can see that your templates got different content in some places, have you just made the templates on their own joomla install in seperated folders?

It's just that I would like my new tutorials (soon to come) could be shown so people could refer to the design and see if they did do it "right".

Right now I have to remove the old template in order to make a new one available.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds