Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Template Updates through the Joomla Updater

• Re: SOLVED Template Updates through the Joomla Updater

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • The RokCheck works pretty well! It is a module you can install directly on your control panel and if there is an update for your template, it will generate a link for you to go directly to the template on rocket theme to log in and download the latest version. (see screenshot).

I think the issue that most are running into might be that they are not aware of an update to the template- since some websites don't have the web dev in there too often. Maybe RokCheck can have a feature added such that if the template is out of date, the superadmin of the website is emailed saying that they should update the RocketTheme template? This can be similar to how the core joomla system emails the admin saying that there is a joomla update available and you should consider updating joomla itself. This feature can be turned on or off in the module based upon the user needs.

Just a thought though.
    • Geoffresh SEO Web Design - Affordable Internet Marketing, SEO Web Design, Online Marketing Consulting
  • Re: SOLVED Template Updates through the Joomla Updater

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • I wish I understood why Rockettheme is unable to join the fold, like literally every other developer icluding Gantry, and provide the updates in the Joomla Update system. Rock Check is not perfect. I have experienced issues with it messing up the admin area, and subsequently disabled it for a time until it magically cured itself, probably due to some update.

Now, I use watchful and Rocket Theme is not included in the list of routine checks, which means the only way admins know an update is available is by logging in. I also support the email notification as suggested above, but still want to lobby for a real fix... which is to come into the Joomla Update Fold. I really don't get what the issue is and why RT is agains joining the fold. With their continued obstinance, it may be time to look elsewhere for templates, especially as we migrate to J4.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds