Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Hide roksprocket on article page

• mbeedub

SOLVED Hide roksprocket on article page

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • Hi

I have setup roksprocket to use a category to feed it with articles.

However, I don't want it to appear on the article when the user has clicked the "read more" button.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mbeedub.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Hide roksprocket on article page

• It's not... it's the other way around; the Article is appearing on the Roksprocket's Page

In Joomla, every page needs a Menu Item, otherwise Joomla can't route it somewhere. So if your Article's don't have any menu item(s) associated with them then Joomla simply outputs the Article on the same page/layout/template that it was clicked-to from.

To get around this, you can create a Hidden Menu , a very common practice in most Joomla sites. You don't have to create an individual menu item for every Article, unless you want to have different Particles/Modules on specific Articles, you can simply create a single Category Blog menu item and then use that Menu Item to assign your different Outline/Template to
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mbeedub

• Thanks for the quick response.

Yes that makes sense.

I created a "hidden" menu as a sub menu of the main menu but in so doing I get a drop down menu from the parent that includes the supposedly hidden menu. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mbeedub. Reason: type
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• yeah, see that link I sent you in my previous post.

Create a whole new menu first, then create your item... don't stick it on a Menu you're actually using on the frontend
    • The following users have thanked you: mbeedub

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • mbeedub

• Thanks Matt. Got it.

(FWIW, I was mixing up the compley new creation of a Joomla menu - that doesn't feature anywhere in the UI and is therefore essentially "hidden" with the Joomla feature that on the "Link Type" tab of a menu item where if you set "Display in Menu" to "No" it flags this as "hidden". I presume with the latter that this is then not meant to show but I don't see that behaviour).

Anyway, the creation of a complete new menu (not used on the site's UI) and adding a menu item to that, which is a category blog type is working for me fine.

Thanks again
    • Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mbeedub. Reason: added a little more explanation
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• nice :)

If a thread is solved please edit your *original/first* post and place "[SOLVED]" (no quotes; but you do need the brackets) at the beginning of your post title. Changing the post icon to the Solved Checkmark is helpful too. :)

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds