Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Variable width

• Variable width

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Hello everybody.
      I've experienced several templates and themes so far and my question is about the possibility to make every outline adaptable to the user screen width.
      I mean, each time I try to extend the width of my web browser I see that my website goes along but only to a certain point, from there on I only have a blank (or colored, according to the template setup) column on the left and on the right and the true body of my web fixes to a predetermined width.
      Is it because RT/Gantry templates are built to work with a determined size or do I have the chance to set this parameter somewhere?
      Thank you!!! ;)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Variable width

Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    • Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

In Gantry 5 templates, you can changes all the breakpoints, and you do all have the ability to make the layout pretty much fully fluid if you really want to (but I don't recommend that as it means you really have to spend time making sure that your content can "flow" correctly, also you need to have sufficient content otherwise the whole page can look a bit "sparse").

Gantry 4 is much more restrictive, it's much hard to change the breakpoints and much, much, harder to get a fluid reponsive layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds