Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Space at the top of my Site - Custom CSS not working

• Nufuzion
    • Rocketeer

Space at the top of my Site - Custom CSS not working

Posted 6 years 1 week ago
    • I've used the Gemini template before and figured out how to remove the "Slideshow Spacing" however on another site, which uses the same template, the custom css isn't doing what its supposed to do.

Any help with this would be great!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Space at the top of my Site - Custom CSS not working

• So where is your custom.scss file then? I don't see one?

... and the CSS to remove the padding would be:
      #g-navigation.g-default-navigation {
        padding: 0;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Nufuzion
    • Rocketeer

• Okay, I had the following code in page settings with a custom css addin at the bottom of the page as thats how it is on the other site which is still functions fine without the custom.scss file.

#g-navigation {
      padding: 0;
      }

However, when I add the code to the home page in that area it moves the logo over to the right a bit which is not what I want either

I've added the code to the custom.scss file as directed and it fixes the rest of the site but not the home page spacing -

What am i missing here?
    • Nufuzion
    • Rocketeer

• Sorry, I had my code under pages settings, ATOMS.

Just wanted to clarify.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So you're ok now then?

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Nufuzion
    • Rocketeer

• No. Sorry the home page is still doing it. I've added the file, recompiled everything, cleared cache's and the home page still has the spacing issue.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I removed your inline CSS (in the css/js) atom that you had added to every outline on the "page settings" (with overrides) with all different CSS. Then I created a custom CSS file with the statement that I gave you plus one other to deal with the home page.

You were also in production mode too - so I changed that to development mode and cleared server cache.

Now it all works.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds