Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED RokSprocket is missing Module Suffix class in all themes

• Flexsus

SOLVED RokSprocket is missing Module Suffix class in all themes

Posted 6 years 3 days ago
    • Hi

It seems to me that all themes in RokSprocket is missing code for providing an extra class information to create more specificity for CSS styling (Module Class Suffix)?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

In:
      /com_roksprocket/layouts/features/themes/slideshow/index.php

On line 16 I had to add this to the <div> class-element:

<?php echo $parameters->get('moduleclass_sfx'); ?>

But this will be removed when I update module :-(
      Is it something to be fixed?

Best regards,
      Henrik
    • Last Edit: 6 years 3 days ago by Flexsus. Reason: formating
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED RokSprocket is missing Module Suffix class in all themes

Posted 6 years 3 days ago
    • Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you. Please remove your code modification so I can see what the issue is?

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Flexsus

Posted 6 years 2 days ago
    • Hi

No need for posting my website and admin credentials. I have already fixed it and made a note to myself to remember when and if updating RokSproket.

It was just to inform you, that this is nowhere in the code in any of the themes used in RokSproket. I was a bit supprised about that, since it has been out for so long and I can't be the only one not understanding, why saving a custom module suffix does not show up in my site.
      But thats because the themes does not request it from configuration params.

Best regards,
      Henrik
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 1 day ago
    • Well I tried a whole lot of templates with differing roksprocket types and they are all rendering the module class suffix field as they should - so I don't know why you need to change code to make that happen. See screenshot examples of Myriad.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Flexsus

Posted 6 years 1 day ago
    • Hi

My Gavick template request Module Suffix just fine on other modules, e.g. Joomla Custom module. But that is because the request is coming from the module itself.

But the RokSproket component do not handle this in it's THEMES!

One the <div> of /layouts/features/themes/slideshow/ and other themes, it is simply not requested. So in my Gavick template it will not work. I guess the way Joomla Custom module request custom module suffix must be the way to handle this?

Regards,
      Henrik
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 1 day ago
    • So it sounds like your Gavick template is not redering the module class suffix field... not Roksprocket. As you can see from my screenshot it works fine in any of RT themes. Sorry but we don't support third-party products. WE won't be making any changes to roksprocket for this.

Regards, Mark.
    • Flexsus

Posted 6 years 1 day ago
    • It is not the template that is responsible for rendering the Module Suffix. It is in the module itself or the component. And RokSprocket do not render this. Period!

Pleas look at the code and look at how default Joomla Custom module handle Module Suffix. It is called within the module itself, no matter what template you decide to use on your site.

Anyways... I have informed you and fixed it in my end and maybe it will help others on how to fix this issue.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds