Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Are Flipping Cards exclusive to Acronym?

• Chima
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Are Flipping Cards exclusive to Acronym?

Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    • Is the Flipping Card particle exclusive to Acronym, or can it be used in any Gantry 5 template?

If it can be used in any Gantry 5 template, is there a cheat sheet for [re]creating it in other templates?... I'm not aware of any means for transfering particles between Gantry 5 templates.
    • Thank you, and best wishes for continued success always!

Chima.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Are Flipping Cards exclusive to Acronym?

• You have a subscription that allows you to use any of the templates so you can copy the particle to another template if you wish to.

If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Chima

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Chima
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I copied the Flipping Cards particle as outlined in Gantry 5 Official Documentation | Copying Particles to Another Theme :
      • rt_acronym/particles/flippingcards.html.twig to rt_aurora/custom/particles
      • rt_acronym/particles/flippingcards.yaml to rt_aurora/custom/particles
      • rt_acronym/scss/acronym/particles/_flippingcards.scss to rt_aurora/custom/scss
      • rt_acronym/js/flip.js to rt_aurora/custom/js
      • rt_acronym/js/flip.init.js to rt_aurora/custom/js

I’ve also setup Aurora's Flipping Cards configuration (Layout & Particle) to match Acronym’s, but I can’t get the Flipping Cards to render properly in Aurora. A screenshot of the frontend output is attached.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to send you access credentials to the site’s Admin backend, because it's in a local MAMP Pro development environment. Any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

— Chima.

Server Details (Linux/Windows, Hosting service, etc)MAMP Pro v4.5 (9701) on macOS High Sierra v10.13.6 (17G65)
      PHP version7.1.12
      Platform (name and version)Joomla v3.8.10
      Template/Extension (name and version)Aurora v1.0.2, Gantry v5.4.24
      Link to the IssueN/A
    • Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Chima.

Chima.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• And did you put these two lines at the top of your custom.scss file?
      @import "dependencies";

@import "flippingcards";

And did you recompile CSS from base outline and did it work successfully without errors?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Chima
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you so much, Mark.

I think I got carried away in my excitement and added the import directives in _flippingcards.scss instead of custom.scss:
      @import "dependencies";
      @import "flippingcards";

Now corrected, Recompile CSS completed without errors. And voila! — frontend rendering of the Flipping Cards before and after are like night and day. Other than some clean-up and customization left to do, I think I’ve got the hang of it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I held my nose on Gantry 5 for three years, frankly because Gantry 4 has a lot to love, thanks to RokSprocket’s rich, all-inclusive swiss-army-knife modular ease of impacting design to great effect simply by deploying a feature set, depending on a site’s requirements. That said, I realize the only thing shorter than today’s technology lifecycle is arguably my attention span. Change is hard, but we have to move on at some point.

Since discovering two days ago that particles can be transferred between Gantry 5 themes (and how to do it), thanks to you, I can breathe again. The only thing more exciting would be some level of automation of the transfer process. I’m already dreaming of a Gantry 5 ecosystem that evolves to include a Registry of all particles that club members can download and install for any Gantry 5 theme.

Again, thank you, and best wishes for continued success always!

— Chima
    • Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Chima.

Chima.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad you'r enjoying Gantry 5. :)

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds