Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

[Closed] We're ready to work, but you're not.

• [Closed] We're ready to work, but you're not.

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • We are here ready to work on our site this weekend. Your technical writers have done a poor job of writing on the template we would like to use. We need an expert and we want somebody on the phone. If someone is available please respond to this message? We want to recreat the demo, impossible to do with the suppor docs. The terms are we want our website to look like the Ford.com website. Anybody that wants the job please respond? We have paid for a premium ticket, but you don't work weekends and we do. Any expert available you will be paid for your time.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: [Closed] We're ready to work, but you're not.

• We do not offer telephone support. I can try to assist you here in this forum if you wish.

If you are starting from the beginning then the place to start is a rocketlauncher installation of your chosen template. This gives you an exact replica of the demo site (minus copyright images). Instructions for installing a rocketlauncher can be found here https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/platform/rocketlauncher_3x.md .

In this forum we're here to assist with RT products, and I'm very hapy to do that for you. We we can't do is build your site for you to make it look like other sites - I am sure you're not expecting that but I just wanted to make that clear.

Please state the exact issue that you are having. Screenshots always help too.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Gadgetman wrote:
      Your technical writers have done a poor job of writing on the template we would like to use.

I'm the technical writer. I'm sorry if you feel I did a poor job.
      We want to recreat the demo, impossible to do with the suppor docs.

Every theme's documentation comes with recreate the demo instructions. Which template are you using? I'll link you directly to it.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• I cheated and peeked at your purchases. You recently purchased Protean.

Protean has three options for recreating the demo directly and particularly documented in the documentation.

First, you can recreate individual particles (blocks of content) on the site using the detailed guides here: https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/protean/demo.md#home-particles

The other option, which is much faster, is to load the layout preset. Instructions for doing that are here (on the same page): https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/protean/demo.md#recreating-the-front-page

If you'd like to recreate the entire demo site, including subpages, you can do so by downloading the RocketLauncher for the theme from the theme's page in our site (the same place you downloaded the theme). Mark linked instructions for doing that in his reply.
    • Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
  • Re: [Closed] We're ready to work, but you're not.

• So is anyone going to be working here tonight or should I just hang it up for today. Do you work nights?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Although RockettTheme is an American company our moderators work in different timezones throughout the world, so we pretty much cover the 24 hour clock. Please understand though that we answer hundreds of posts a day. We try to answer most posts within 48 hours, but at busy times and weekend it may take a little longer.

Thank you for providing the login details but unfortunately you did not provide a url to go with them so I can't check your site. Please could you provide a url and then I will happily look at your site for you.

If you could also state exactly what the issue is that would be helpful too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I have also opened up a premier support ticket this morning. Good morning!

• Experts. Whistle Cat Call. You and another member of your team had SuperAdmin priveleges less than 5 minutes and our site was down. Kudos! My boss says don't worry we are only billing $100 per hour for every hour that the site is down. If you think we are kidding wait until you see the Almost $15000 our site generated this weekend with sales still coming in. Have a good morning?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please note that I have not even logged into you site so I have done nothing to cause it to fail.

As you have now logged a premier support ticket there is no point in both our developers and myself (a moderator) trying to resolved this for you at the same time so I will now be closing this forum topic so that you can continue your dialogue with out developers on the premier support ticket.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds