Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Adding Functionality to RokSprocket

• Adding Functionality to RokSprocket

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • I need to add functionality to RokSprocket, specifally I want to use the "Read More" button to do something else entirely.

I have EasyPop installed, it (usually) allows me to call a modal popup with an iframe using this syntax:
      {popup text="Click HERE to open MWT" url=" marinwebtech.com " popwidth="1920px" popheight="1080px"}{/popup}

This is the model plugin --> demo.infyways.com/iframe-and-examples

If I put this into the link area of the RokSprocket it just messes up the page. There must be a way to do this, even if I was to write a custom modal popup I would still have the same issue.

The idea I am pursuing is to have articles that are really just short descriptions of webpages, when the user clicks the Read More it opens a model with an iframe to that website. Has nothing to do with the article as that point, the article is just a way for us to manage the library of references, the modal & iframe are a way to keep the user on the site.

Any suggestions how to acheive this, or work arounds would be very welcome.

Thx!
    • ∞+1
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Adding Functionality to RokSprocket

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Just put your html in the description field instead and make sure "strip html" is set to "no". You can't enter thml in the link field. You can just set the existing link to "none" to hide that.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds