Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Blank page after gantry / Joomla upgrade

• Blank page after gantry / Joomla upgrade

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Hello,

after the upgrade to the last version of joomla & gantry, the administration is yet working properly but the website gives a blank page. The template used is denali. I try then to install a complete package with the rocketlauncher (template Reiko) and the result is the same, blank page for the website. When I see the /var/log/httpd/error_log file, I have this message :
      PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home/sites/esb2/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/Theme/AbstractTheme.php on line 92, referer: www.mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_templates
      I have my own server (OVH dedicated) and if somebody have a suggestion about the php config or other, I can try it.

Thanks,

Pascal
    • Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Pascal Fraiture.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Blank page after gantry / Joomla upgrade

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Look in the apacher error log and tell me the error message.

Also, set error level to "maximum" in global configuration.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Blank page after gantry / Joomla upgrade

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Login does not work - please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Blank page after gantry / Joomla upgrade

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to Pascal Fraiture, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You are using an extremely old version of PHP (5.4.x) and Gantry 5 (current version) won't run on that. So I downgraded your Gantry 5 version to 5.4.24 and now your site is working again. Do not update Gantry 5 again until you have upgraded your PHP version first (to at least PHP 5.5.9 but preferably PHP 7.x+) http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/system-requirements .

Note that Joomla warns you of this at the top of the page too.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds