Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Need to reproduce a "one page" parallax template. Can Gantry do it?

• Need to reproduce a "one page" parallax template. Can Gantry do it?

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • I was given a job to create a website along the lines of this one:

https://www.calvertimpactcapital.org/2018-impact-report

The features that I am not sure Gantry can handle are the one page "smooth" scroll between stacked pages and the parallax between content and the background images.

At least, I have been unable to find an existing Rocket Theme template with this specific kind of "one page" layout.

I have started using Gantry 5 in my Joomla and Wordpress projects recently, so I am not that familiar with what is available other than what I see in the demo area and it has been a while since this type of template was popular.

I do have a different template that has this feature, but it's based on an old framework and I'd rather not use it, but it does work as the example above (except for having a horizontal rather than vertical template, but that shouldn't be an issue).

I suspect my best bet would be to use either a premade RT template or simply go for Hydrogen and install the appropriate particles for the effect.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, either by suggesting a Gantry 5 RT template or the Particles I'd need to install to make an existing template work like the example, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Need to reproduce a "one page" parallax template. Can Gantry do it?

Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    • First that example is not parallax at all it's just a fixed attachment background image. So yes you can do that in CSS in Gantry 5.

The fading in of color over the image is harder to achieve as that will require javascript, but yes you can also do that in Gantry 5 if you have the necessary coding skills.

A few of the Gantry 5 template do have some genuine parallax effects but it look to me like you don't actually need them in the example cited.

Have a look at the Kraken demo.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Marco Conti

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds