Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Grav - recent-posts plugin no longer is visible

• Grav - recent-posts plugin no longer is visible

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • We use GRAV. And we are upgrading our various platforms (all are Linux, either an Ubuntu or Fedora distro.)

We have noticed that on the latest Fedora 29 platforms that the recent-posts plugin no longer appears as an available particle to be used in layouts. Nor does it any longer appear on the particle-defaults admin page.

We have uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin, but to no avail.

From my poking and prodding I get the impression that that something has changed in the layout of the various directories and that the recent-posts plugin is not putting its pieces into the right places when it is activated or installed.

Other plugins seem to work OK.

As a test I took a backup of a running Grav website (with a Rockettheme theme) and moved it to the newer platform. That website has a running recent-posts plugin and it appeared to surved the move.

But on another test I downloaded the latest rt_protean skeleton, loaded it, activated the recent-posts plugin ---- and it does not show up as an available particle on the layouts or particle-defaults pages.

In other words, that plugin, if active in a layout, seems to survive a backup and restore onto a newer platform. But the plugin seems unable to actually complete an add operation if that add is done on the new platform.

We've upgraded to the latest version of the Rockettheme template (rt_protean - v 1.1.6) and the latest Gantry (5.4.26)

This is on a Fedora 29 box which has:
      Server Version: Apache/2.4.37 (Fedora) OpenSSL/1.1.1 mod_fcgid/2.3.9
      PHP Version 7.2.12
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Grav - recent-posts plugin no longer is visible

Posted 5 years 3 months ago

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds