Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove mainbody from template

• patbol70
    • Rocketeer

Remove mainbody from template

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • Hi, unfortunately there is not button in the iridescent template to switch off the mainbody. How to solve that? I do not need maincontent on all pages...

grtz Patrick
    • Using Joomla 1.7.3 and Radiance 1.1
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Remove mainbody from template

• Just don't use a menu item that will output component output and therefore publishes something to the mainbody. You can aslo turn off mainbody output in the advanced settings of the template (you may need to create override copies of the template if you need it on some pages and not others).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • patbol70
    • Rocketeer

• Is there a menu type you suggest? I tried several but not with the result i wanted...

Unfortunately there is no button to switch off the mainbody in Iridescent template.

Grtz Patrick
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Well there is in my copy of Iridescent? But you do also need to set the menu type to "featured articles" type too for that to have any effect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • patbol70
    • Rocketeer

• hi, missed the settings but after changing them in the main and other templates it still shows the maincontent...

The content still shows:

Website -->NL --> homepage scoll to saddles --> Dressuur (first one)--> maincontent shows...

How to solvethis as the template settings doesn't make any diffrence?

grtz Patrick
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You've lost me I am afraid...

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear what you mean.

Regards, Mark.
    • patbol70
    • Rocketeer

• please check the link , there you see the mainbody showing. The template does show mainbody no matter what the settings are...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That link you provided is menu item id 151 which is a "category blog" menu item called "Dressuur". Why would you want to link to a "category blog" menu item and then hide the mainbody (which will contain the category blog) ???? It makes no sense to me.

I also did say that the mainbody hidden setting would only take effect if the menu was of type "featured articles" (which it isn't).

The first page is showing a roksprocket strips module. Joomla (not roksprocket) is using the "dressuur" menu item because that is exactly what you told it to open in the roksprocket link.

So, I still don't understand what you are trying to do???

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds