Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

User role with access to the back-end and the user menu item

• User role with access to the back-end and the user menu item

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • I have an admin support role that needs access to the back-end and menu items including the user menu item so that they can reset users credentials. The manager role seems to inheret from the registered role and since that role is locked out of other users the manager does not have access. Any ideas of the easiest and safest solution for this? I use a plugin on the front end for users profiles and I need to make sure that registered users do not have access to edit other users' information. Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: User role with access to the back-end and the user menu item

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • You need to set this up in Joomla ACL which can be very complicated - so I recommend that you read the Joomla docs on this and also consider purchasing an extension called ACLManager (look on JED) that makes it all a lot easier to understand and change.

Sorry but we can't do this for you in the scope of this forum as it can take a lot of time to get set-up correctly and is nothing directly RT related. You might also want to ask for help in the Joomla.org forums too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds