Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Which Wordpress template would you suggest for this?

• Which Wordpress template would you suggest for this?

Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    • I am considering a change from Joomla to Wordpress for some of my sites. Of course, I'd buy a Wordpress club plan for that - currently I only have a Joomla subscription which is why I am posting this here.

My question is, which Wordpress template would make sense if I wanted to have a news area similar to this page: redfoxlotto.com/news/ ?
      I see that Roksprocket seems ideal for that, but do any of the templates have that ability "out of the box"?
      Also, are all the Wordpress templates responsive, i.E. mobile-friendly?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Which Wordpress template would you suggest for this?

• Manticore has a latestnews particle (as does the preceding two templates) that can do a similar arrangement of news items.

I trust you are already familiar with WP otherwise you may find the switch from Joomla to WP a bit confusing initially.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Which Wordpress template would you suggest for this?

• I have done some work with Wordpress sites, and I find the process of creating and publish content a lot easier compared to Joomla. They also seem to work better for the Google SERPs.
      The theme aspect may be problematic for me. For that part, I will probably get some help from someone who knows Wordpress better.
      Anyway, would you recommend using Roksprocket for such a news overview, over the functionality from those newer themes?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Which Wordpress template would you suggest for this?

• No, I'd recommend that you use the "latestnews" particle rather than roksprocket in a Gantry 5 theme. The particle is already included in the latest themes and it does what you need.

Roksprocket is quite old now and uses mootools (which can give issue with other jQuery based programs). Roksprocket also tends to use the old "fixed" Gantry 4 breakpoints whereas the particles use the user-defineable breakpoints of Gantry 5.

This matrix tells you which particles are included in which template... https://rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla/274835-gantry-5-particles-the-matrix-v1-10

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds