Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Returning dev from years ago - where is everyone at these days

• Wild Bill
    • Rocketeer
    • Zippy Networks

Returning dev from years ago - where is everyone at these days

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • Once upon a time I made several sites for several local non-profits using RT themes (Joomla and WP) been away for a while.. came back for a new project in my little spare time and see prices about the same but not a lot of activity anymore... Forums still fairly active but releases and discussions are nothing compared to what it was back in the day. Is RT still going and are the creative people still here?

Always loved the products they made - hope to rejoin soon and get to work on another skillfully designed layout using RT theme.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Returning dev from years ago - where is everyone at these days

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • We're still here - and we're working on a new template at the moment. Yes, we are releasing less templates nowadays tham we once did but we're concentrating on quality rather that quantity. We have more products and templates to support than we ever have and this all takes enormous effort to maintain and keep up to date.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Christopher Swinford

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Returning dev from years ago - where is everyone at these days

Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    • Hey there, yes I'm waiting for new templates - sometimes it feels like a little kick to open rockettheme.com. Yes I would like to see new templates every month!
      But - I also see the improvements in quality and flexibility in the existing templates. After working with Gantry 5 and the existing templates, I'm excited about the new possibilities.
      The more templates they generate, the more time it needs to support them. And they don't forget the "old" templates - they renew them with Gantry 5. I don't know any template club with this focus on quality control.
      I'm in this club sice 2011 and never regret it. I do not need to work with every template - I'm in the club to support their great work. Gantry 5 was a big and necessary step. The development of the Grav CMS was courageous and brilliant - Hope it was worth the effort.
      Keep it up!
      Robert
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT, Damir

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds