Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How come Gantry 5's font picker doesn't allow Chinese fonts?

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

How come Gantry 5's font picker doesn't allow Chinese fonts?

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • It supports other UTF-8 subsets like Japanese, how come there is no Chinese? Is it possible to add it myself?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How come Gantry 5's font picker doesn't allow Chinese fonts?

• What makes you think it doesn't?

To add a custom font to Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/fonts .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks. Now I understand it should be a tempalte vendor's problem, they customize the font picker so it includes Japanese but not Chinese.
      By the way, since we are already talking about font picker, how do I set two different fonts (one as fallback) with Font Picker? I read the doc but I don't think it mentions this. What I want to achieve is style like

font-family: "Open Sans", "Microsoft Yahei"

I fill in the blank

family=Open+Sans:700,400,400italic, "Microsoft Yahei"

But it doesn't work. It comes out the compiled CSS only shows

font-familiy: "Open Sans"
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just put that in the field. But you will need to install that font yourself (with the instructions I already provided) and you will need to have all five font files for that font (i.e. SVG, EOT, TTF, WOFF, WOFF2).

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds