Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Reset password link on RT site not working

• Reset password link on RT site not working

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • Hello,

I am a long-time RocketTheme subscriber. On 12/6 I renewed my Joomla extension club subscription for $32.00 but forgot my password. I attempted to use the "Reset password" link on this site's login form several times but no reset email was ever sent. I checked my spam/junk folders, etc.

I immediately contacted RocketTheme support via email for help with this issue but also received no response. I think over the course of a week I emailed support four times but never received a reply.

Since I could wait no longer to access a Joomla template I need for a project, I went ahead today (12/17) and purchased another Joomla template club subscription under another account for $38.00.

Given the circumstances, I feel I should be refunded this second purchase of $38.00 since it never should have been necessary for me to have to purchase two subscriptions just because I received no response from you in 10+ days.

Please see all my account details (username, email, password, and order #) in the secure tab.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Reset password link on RT site not working

• I will ask support to respond to you here.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: bluemusemediaworks

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Reset password link on RT site not working

• bluemusemediaworks,

I have replied to every email you have sent us. I actually took the time to call you via your website and you also did not respond.

Either you or one of your colleagues had changed your username from bluemuse2013 to bluemuse2020. And therefore you were not able to login.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• Reggie,

Thanks for getting back to me. However I have not received any emails from you at any of my email addresses. Which address did you use to email me?

Regardless, it's not a matter of my username being changed. As you know, username reminders and password resets go by the email address associated with the account. Nothing has been received at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Then you must not be receiving any of our emails (either direct replies or via the forgot password option).
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• Please see attachments. I even sent a message to you via your contact form.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

• Reggie,

But I am. I have received all your billing notifications and forum reply notifications (see the attached screen grab). Plus, nothing from support wound up in my spam or junk folder at any time.

So I can assure you there is an issue with your email reset functionality.

More to the point, as you saw from my previous post, this problem required me to purchase a second subscription. I would like one or the other refunded then canceled. I really don't care which at this point.

Let me know what can be done to resolve this issue.

• The email in your screenshot is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Does This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. work? Because that is the email associated with your old username.

I just tested the forgot password email function and it is working.

Nevertheless, which account would like refunded? bluemusemediaworks or bluemuse2020?
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds