Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

iframed content across multiple sites?

• iframed content across multiple sites?

Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    • My goal is to have one data source (html file or whatever) that I can iframe into multiple sites, having to only update this piece of content in one location... So far, I'm not having any luck with the structuring.

My first example is here: boreal2020.pointhorizonmn.com/index.php/events

The content on the right side is what I want to update in one location, but only want the html to feed in. Not the rest of the page layout, header, etc.

Any thoughts on this?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: iframed content across multiple sites?

• I'd just put all your html in an article. The iframe the article url with &tmpl=component on it and all you will get is the content of the article.

I think iframe is a bad idea though as apple device hate them and it's inefficient too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: iframed content across multiple sites?

• I'll give that a try. Any suggestions on a different solution, opposed to an iframe? Didn't know about the Apple issue.

Thanks!
      Joe
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: iframed content across multiple sites?

• My suggestions would be to use a feed instead (RSS or other types).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds