Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Custom button on homepage

• Ronny
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Custom button on homepage

Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    • I want to put a customized button between 2 positions but there is so much open space between them (up and down). How can i reduce this. In the customized html i link to a button so it can show on the homepage and the button will link to a form to subscribe to our newsletter.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Custom button on homepage

Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    • add "no margin" and "no padding" block variations to the customhtml particle on the layout.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ronny
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 3 weeks ago
    • The no padding no margin worked and reduced some but still have some open space that i like to reduce a bit, specially below the logo. When can i adjust additional spacing?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ronny
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It appears that the account that you gave me is not a superuser as I requested...

1. I removed the "g-logo" class from the logo particle.
      2. I increased the space allocated to the logo on the layout of your "home" outline to match the dfault and base outlines.
      3. You need to increase the size of your logo image file - it's currently only 140px x 44px
      4. Use this code...
      .g-simplecontent-layout-header {
        padding-bottom: 0;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Ronny
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you Mark

I will look into that today and try changing it.

The logo space in the body between the bottom side of the logo and Sharing is caring , can i still make this smaller. If yes, where as the no padding no margin is already added.

Need superuser for this then i send to you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• When developing web sites it is useful to learn to use either, the Inspector in Firefox, Chrome Developer Tools in Chrome, or one of the other browser developer tools, they will save you hours on things like this and they're very easy to use.

1. When using "module position" particles - give the particle a "key" that mean something to you... don't just leave it as "module-position" - call the position a sensible name - I renamed yours to "home-logo" and reassigned the module to that position.
      2. Your module containing the image had the image tag wrapped in a paragraph tag (which takes space) so I removed the P tag and used DIV instead (it will be your editor doing this so you might need to change your editor settings).
      3. The particle content "...sharing..." did not have "no margin" and "no padding" block variations so I added them
      4. ALWAYS provide superuser login so that we can access all areas of admin to assist you in a timely manner.

Regards, Mark.
    • Ronny
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It depends on how big the viewport is. As you reduce the viewport size more and more of your menu items will wrap onto the second line. You won't get them all to fit on one line in all viewports.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds