Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Remove sample data and new default. How?

• Remove sample data and new default. How?

Posted 4 years 3 days ago
    • My website was working great. It's a large document database to search for terms and reference. I paid for this service to move on to the final touches and give it a nicer look. once I installed the theme from here, it had the option for sample data. Now nothing works and I can't figure out how to remove the sample data.

How do I remove the forced theme default sample data and get my previous protostar default website back? I tried uninstalling that gave me the 404 error. I reinstalled so now I'm back to sample data again. All the categories and articles are still showing in the back end. I'm freaking out. Please help!

P.S. I would like to use a theme from here but I can't figure out how to remove the sample data and use the content already built on my website. I tried creating modules linked to the corresponding section. Nothing. Stuck with sample data on index page.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Remove sample data and new default. How?

Posted 4 years 3 days ago
    • Ok You haven't said, what theme or what version of gantry, or what package you used. Nor have you provided any login details for me to look for you. So, it's pretty hard to help you without that.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Remove sample data and new default. How?

Posted 4 years 2 days ago
    • More info:

Current template: v1.2.4 rt Notio
      Template when everything worked: protostar
      Template that messed everything up: 2.0.2 g5 epsilon

To start with I checked the requirements first. I installed Gantry 5 then I installed Notio. I understand this is a whole new system overlayed on Joomla but I couldn’t figure anything out to start with. I tried changing back to protostar template but Gantry seemed to high jack everything.

Next I tried installing Epsilon. I clicked the option after install to create sample. That made things worse because then none of my content was showing and only the sample content. I made the default template in Joomla protostar but it didn’t change. Now I’m freaking out! I just wanted a nicer theme and now all my work I’ve done won’t even show or work as it was.

I disabled all the gantry plugins. Nothing. I still have protostar and my default template but Epsilon is showing. Somewhere at this point I get the 404 error. I uninstall Gantry 5 and both themes. I reinstall Gantry 5 along with both Epsilon and Notio.

I’ve made progress. Notio seems to be working but in the modules I can’t add content to the page because the template option only shows one option ‘RT_Notio (debug)’.

Also in Gantry under Extras, it is in Production mode. I hope I'm missing something simple.

So now it’s two questions.
      1. How can I disable Rocket Themes as default so my page shows when it worked with protostar?
      2. I want a new theme and I think Notio will do but how do I get the modules to show the page blocks options as it did verses showing debug?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Remove sample data and new default. How?

Posted 4 years 2 days ago
    • Ok Your site is now back working with protostar. I did this to achieve this.

1. Made default template "protostar" in template manager (yellow star).
      2. Made your "main menu" "home" menu item the default menu item
      3. Removed all the assignment your had made for all your "main menu" menu items to use the "notio" template "home" outline.

When you install a G5 template it will install a new menu and make that the default menu (home item within). So you need to undo that if you want to use your own menu instead.

If you want to use notio, then you need to make the "notio - default" template the default.

Next, Gantry 5 uses "particles" rather than module (in the main). As such those particles are applied directly to the layout of the outline used, therefore there are not many "module positions" on the layout at all into which to assign your modules. You can easily add module position particles on the layout of your outline if you want to - then you can assign your module to those positions just like you always have.

I strongly urge you to read the Gantry 5 documentation to learn all the new terminology and the basics. There is undoubtedly a learning curve to go through but it is well worth the effort.

http://docs.gantry.org/

Then there is the template documentation that tells you how we created everything in the demo https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/notio/demo.md .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds