Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Interstellar Template - How to add a Background Image to each slider?

• Interstellar Template - How to add a Background Image to each slider?

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • Good Evening,

Trying out the Interstellar Template, I have installed the template using the RocketLauncher.

I had a look at one of the sites in the member showcase - this one
      copalconstruction.com/

I like that each service on the slideshow, has its own image, but would like to know how to replicate it.

All that the owl carousel seems to offer in the options, is a tiny image that appears underneath the font awesome icons.

Please could somebody help with how I would be able to add a different background to each service/slider.

Something like the ones on the Copal Construction page in the member showcase.

Kind Regards and many thanks for any help you can offer.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Interstellar Template - How to add a Background Image to each slider?

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • That particle has either been customised or copied from another template. So, that's what you would need to do too.

To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Without access to the other members site I can't say for sure what they did or replicate it exactly - it would mean redeveloping the enhancement. This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds