Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problem layout on different browsers

• Problem layout on different browsers

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hello,
      I have a problem with the "fluent" theme, it turns out that I have problems with the layout. It changes when I consult on different browsers:

chrome = very good
      edge = Particles Social takes off ...

address of my site: saint-avold.fr

Thanks in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Problem layout on different browsers

• Please ensure you are using the latest version of MS Edge (the new one based on Chromium) this is the only version of MS Edge that we now support. I checked on my MS Edge and Chrome and they are both identical.

Regards, Mark.

p.s. You have one huge 11MB image on that page that is really slowing your site down... it needs to be optimised /images/actualites/dechetsverts.jpg
    • The following users have thanked you: ARCHIVNET SARL

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Problem layout on different browsers

• Hello and thank you for your answer.

You were right, the problem was due to an update not carried out on edge.

however this problem is still present on the MAC system and the SAFARI browser. Menu offset and particles...

ps: I reduced the size of the photo, thank you for the advice.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Unfortunately I do not have a MAC to test this on. Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear what you are seeing. Also, please tell me what type of MAX you are using (OSX version and safari version).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: ARCHIVNET SARL

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• safari ver 13.1
      MACOSX ver 10.14.6

I left you a picture of the home page with the menu offset and the problem on the rest of the page.
      Big thanks

link = saint-avold.fr/images/IMG.jpg
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ARCHIVNET SARL.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Remove the "g-fluid-navigation" class on the navigation section and see if that helps.

Regards, Mark.

• by removing g-fluid-navigation, it works, but that adds a problem to the menu (see link below)
      link = saint-avold.fr/images/SCREEN.png
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That's not really a problem. The menu is wrapping on to two lines because it's bigger than the space permits - so adjust the space allocation on the layout of your outline to provide more space to the menu and less to the logo. You can also use block variation such as "no padding left" "no padding right" "no margin left" "no margin right" to have the menu use up more of the space allocated. But at some point that menu it going to wrap onto two lines because it is so long. You could have course change the mobile menu breakpoint at which the "desktop" menu switches to "mobile" menu (base outline > breakpoints > mobile menu).

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds