Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Non-static method

• Non-static method

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • I keep getting this message on front end even though the software works fine. Just wondering how to change to eliminate the warning. I ask here as it's standard PHP coding but some of the changes I tried haven't worked.

Deprecated: Non-static method mod_accordion_article::getData() should not be called statically

How do I change this code so I don't get the above warning message?
      $list = mod_accordion_article::getData($params);
    • Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Rodney Marcantel.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Non-static method

• You should ask the developer of the "accordion article" extension to make it compatible with your PHP version.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Non-static method

• I have 3 times and only response I get is a autoresponse. Been more than a week. I was just hoping it's some simple code change. If it's PHP version related, I'm using 7.1. So is there some code change to envoke the same argument?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've no idea how to fix it. Why don't you just set error level to "none" in Joomla global config for now? Remember though that if you get other issues in the future always turn error level back to "maximum" otheriwse you won't see the error messages.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Non-static method

• Ok. I did turn error reporting off. Still shows the error.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have no other suggestions I'm afraid. It really is an issue that only the developer of that extension can fix. RT does not provide support for third-party products.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds