Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Need a particle recomendation!

• Need a particle recomendation!

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm working on a site that is for a local Humane Society.

I have Crosstec conten Builder and Breezing forms doing most of the adoption section, and I wan't to have some sort of slider that will pull the imgae from the article. That's all I really need, don't care if it has text or not...

I tried putting in the slider particle from Koleti, but it's not loading right.

Here's the page it need to be on. Right under the block button for Adoptable Pets.
      http://173.246.249.38/index.php/adopt/pets/details/6/36/adoptable-pets-220095?start=0

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Need a particle recomendation!

• Use the swiper particle.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Ron Miller

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Need a particle recomendation!

• I tried that one out before, but I didn't realize I could set it to columns... Now that I see I can, I tried it again it's it's super close to what I need! I just have to figure out a way for it to pull the image out of the article text.

I figured out a way to set the text limit to the first word which is the animals name, now I just gotta figure out the image.

Thank you Mark or I wouldn't have looked at that one again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You shouldn’t embed the image in the text. Just use the intro or full image field on the “images & links” tab of the article.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Need a particle recomendation!

• The way content builder works is by using a breezing forms to gather data, and the form has an upload option.

The submitted form data is saved as an article and a record.

The only way to show the upload image is to call for it in the content builder template with {image:value) and the save path.

ex: src="/templates/rt_clarity/images/pets/{image:value}"

So, I can't NOT have the image in the article text to display it. I'll have to find a way to inject the image into the article image field with a query or something.

It's a messy way to do things, but it's the only way I knew how to do this animal adoption from scratch. They didn't like any of the other methods like PetFinder because it took them to an external site.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok well the slider (and any other of our particles that use joomla content as a datasource) expect the image to be in one of the two fields on the image and links tab of the article. They will not extract the image from the article content.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds