Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Photon Template font definition

• Photon Template font definition

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,
      I'm working on Photon template on a Joomla site and I need to know where I can find the @font-face definition in css or scss file.

Thanks a lot,
      Matt
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Photon Template font definition

• Neither SCSS or CSS (although it is compiled eventually into CSS).

The definitions are in YAML. The originating source for the included fonts can be found in /templates/rt_photon/gantry/theme.yaml although you must not change this original file as it will be overwritten by template updates. The font files themeselves can be located in /templates/rt_photon/fonts.

Tell me what you are trying to do and why - there may be a better way.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Photon Template font definition

• Hello,
      I'm trying to obtain better performance in loading time as I'm trying to have better performance for SEO; I'm checking the opportunities to have a better result as per Google Lighthouse report.

The first point I'm trying to do is "Ensure text remains visible during webfont load"
      web.dev/font-display/

what I'm trying to do is adding the "font-display: swap;" to @font-face definition.

As per my search I found and modified the media\gantry5\engines\nucleus\scss\vendor\bourbon\css3\_font-face.scss and added a line in it;

For the same reason I had to modify the file at media/gantry5/assets/css/font-awesome.min.css to add the same code.

Is there a better way to proceede?

Kind regards,
      Matteo
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Photon Template font definition

• You should not change our original tempalte files or gantry files. You shoul dbe creating overrides.

To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds