Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Pre-sales question - Manticore WordPress Theme

• Zee
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Pre-sales question - Manticore WordPress Theme

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • I hope this is the appropriate place to post this question. If not, I sincerely apologize. I did not see a forum specific to this theme, nor a pre-sales forum. I'm a huge fan of RocketTheme. I joined them back in 2008. It's be a while, but I'm back. Glad to see things are going well for the company.

The Manticore theme is quite impressive. I am thinking of using it on a site I've run for about five years, and am looking for something new and fresh. This one may fit the bill. But I have a few pre-sales questions.

QUESTION 1: The Manticore theme provides the blog section as an example of how posts would be layed out visually. Is this layout the only option, or are there others to choose from? For example, is there a traditional layout where posts are in a single column and rows? And again, are there other options? You can view the blog section here: https://demo.rockettheme.com/live/wordpress/manticore/blog/

QUESTION 2: Are there other layout options for the homepage?

QUESTION 3: The navigation menu uses a dropdown (Features / Layouts buttons), two columns (Pages button), and one shows images with text (Styles button; 2 columns and 2 rows). Are these only in the demo, or are these options also available in the theme? And are there additional menu style options? Exactly how many columns can be added to a menu button - is it just two, or can more be added? I'm hoping all of these options (and possibly more) are available.

QUESTION 4: The theme present for styles that change the accent color of the theme. Can a custom color be used? I do realize that I can override colors using CSS, but is it native within the customization options?

QUESTION 5: Is there somewhere that shows screenshots of the backend so that I can see what the customization options look like?

QUESTION 6: Is any and everything seen in the theme demo available with the purchase of the theme? For example, the mailing list featured in the footer.

QUESTION 7: On the Coming Soon page that features a timer, are there options to change the look and color of it? For example, you are currently using a timer for your Labor Day sale that uses circles instead of round cornered squares.

I believe that is all of the questions I have for now. I know I asked quite a few. Thanks in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Pre-sales question - Manticore WordPress Theme

• Hi, You won't be able to see the Manticore Wordpress forum until you have purchased a subscription. So your presales question is fine in this forum.

Q1 - There are configurable options to change the number of columns, excert length, publication date, category, etc etc. (see screenshot).

Q2 - The template comes with several layout presets and you can alter the arrangement of the content to suit your own needs.

Q3 - The rocketlauncher package replicates the demo - so the arrangement is provided and you can change it, reproduce it on other items, etc. You can change the number of columns - you can have as many as you like but obviously it looks a bit crazy with tiny columns if you go more that 4 or 5. You can only have columns at the first dropdown level (not lover levels). It depends what you means by menu styles - you can do styling in CSS, you can add classes, you can change the dropdown style from fullwidth or just a column, you can add icons, images, attributes, you can even add widgets or particles in the menu - so really there is not much that you can't do. http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/configure/menu-editor

Q4 - This theme only has one accent color. You can easily change it in the settings with the need for CSS. However, if you want to alter where that accent color is applied or wish to have additional colors then you will need to use custom CSS - if you get stuck with that then we can help here in the forum.

Q5 - Yes, the template documentation and the Gantry 5 documentation. https://rockettheme.com/docs/wordpress/themes/manticore/demo.md http://docs.gantry.org/

Q6 - Yes, the only thing not included are the copyright images (these are replaced with sample images of the exact same dimensions read for you to replace them with your own images). The mailing list (newsletter) particle is included with the template, but it uses mailchimp - so you will need that as well. https://rockettheme.com/docs/wordpress/themes/manticore/particle_newsletter.md

Q7 - No, the timer looks exactly like the demo. It does not look like the one presently on the RT site. But there's nothing stopping you using your own code or a third-party widget if you need something else.

I would add that if you are new to Gantry 5 then there is a learning curve to go through. It is important that you do read the documnentation. The best place to start is with the rocketlauncher package as this replicates the demo exactly and you will be able to see how we created everything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Zee
    • Rocketeer

• This is great to hear. Helps me a lot. Thanks MrT.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You're very welcome.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds