Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Update Sites

• Marc
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Gantry Update Sites

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Hello there,

My test site just informed me a new update of Gantry was available. However when I tried to update it via the normal Joomla admin maintenance panel, it failed because some of the "update sites were disabled".

Checking the Update Sites, I found:

1) Gantry 5
      updates.gantry.org/5.0/joomla/pkg_gantry5.xml

and

2) Gantry 5
      updates.gantry.org/5.0/joomla/list.xml

However, 1) was disabled. After quickly switching (1) on and testing the error disappeared.

Can you please tell me - if both or just one of these update sites should be enabled

Many thanks
      Marc
  • Re: Gantry Update Sites

• Marc
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Gantry Update Sites

• Thanks Reggie - not sure how the first was disabled, I'll keep an eye on it. Out of interest, if "updates.gantry.org/5.0/joomla/pkg_gantry5.xml" is the channel for gantry updates, could you please let me know what "updates.gantry.org/5.0/joomla/list.xml" is for? Just to help in my understanding.

Many thanks
      Marc
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry Update Sites

• You do not need to understand this at all but...

Joomla checks the "update sites" for updates. To stop it looking all the time (and therefore slowing your site down) it caches the results and disables the update site until the cache expires, then it looks again. To force joomla to look for an update you need to enable all the update sites.

The first xml tells joomla from where to obtain the Gantry 5 zip package.

The second xml tells joomla what updates are available for Gantry 5 (namely Gantry 5 itself, helium template, and hydrogen template).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Reggie Simmons

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds