Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokSocialButtons

• RokSocialButtons

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • I am being very stupid, after installing RokSocialButtons how do i add them to every page on my Rockettheme website and link each button to my social media pages??
      Sorry for being stupid but i forgot how to do it, and i searched and searched how to and can't find the answer, and on RokSocialButtons documentation I can't find out how to make it appear on every page or how to link it, I did them on one website www.techdivingthailand.com using Metropolis but i forgot how to for www.techdivingthailand.tech using Clarion template after i installed it. In the plugin manager google, twtter and facebook all enabled under Content - RokSocialButtons but cant see how to link them or make them actually appear.
    • D Polley
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokSocialButtons

• See documentation here https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensions/roksocialbuttons/setup.md

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: RokSocialButtons

• Hi Mr T,

i clicked on the link you sent and i looked at this before and twitter, google and facebook are all enabled but dont appear on any pages, plus rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensions/r...cialbuttons/setup.md doesnt show how to add links to each social media page, it just says

Twitter: You can enable or disable the Twitter button using this dropdown.

Facebook: You can enable or disable the Facebook button using this dropdown.

Google: You can enable or disable the Google button using this dropdown.
    • D Polley
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• See my screenshots of the docs below.

1. You need to have an addthis account and that is where you enter to social media links.

2. You add the addthis ID to the plugin.

3. You put {socialbuttons) in the article or module where you wish them to show.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Okay, cheers Mark. So I found out why it was confusing. Its because www.techdivingthailand.com uses Metropolis template, in Templates Manager, under Features, there is a Social Buttons option, but in Clarion Templates Manager there isn't that option. So i was trying to copy one site to another and I found the plugin RokSocialButtons under plugins and thought it must be this, I was using to link my social media pages, as all were enabled but I searched every article and there was no {socialbuttons) text in any of them. I found this out, because I never signed up for an addthis account, so I realised it must be something else I was using, so I searched all modules and plugins but found it under templates, features. After I created an account on addthis, none of these tools i.imgur.com/s1EMyOT.png , look the same as social media links on www.techdivingthailand.com , as only gives the option of SHARE, FOLLOW, RELATED POSTS, LIST BUILDING, LINK PROMOTION, WEBSITE TIP JAR, so none looking like the tabs on ww.techdivingthailand.com, with a link directly to my social media pages. What a shame the CLARION template, doesn't have the same template features as METROPOLIS template. So i guess I need to find another plugin that looks the same.
    • D Polley
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, I don't see why you just don't use a customhtml module and put the HTML code to display the social buttons in that. You might also need to add a little CSS too of course.

Regards, Mark.

• Mr T, thank you for your help and expertise! I owe you about a million beers!
      I done what you said and made a custom module, so in modules you will see "Social Media Links" custom module. And I got the photos of each social media platform and linked them. So on wwww.techdivingthailand.tech, you can now see them on every page under SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS!
      Just wondering if you can help me with positioning, it's now under the position "side bar A" on the right hand side under the other modules, but how, can I get it to appear on the border of clarion template on the left handside, like it does on www.techdivingthailand.com , be great if it appears on the border of Clarion rocktheme template on the right and sat in the middle of the page like it does on www.techdivingthailand.com . I started going through sidebar A, B, C and each position, none worked so far, and then I thought its better, to get your expert advise, or see if you can do it and tell me hows it done!
      Sorry for being such a newbie!
      Thanks again Mark!
    • D Polley
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I unpublished the module that you created and wrote my own instead. I also, added some custom CSS and the social media icons image too.

Now it works like metropolis.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds