Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Install new template with samples but NOT rocketlauncher?

• Install new template with samples but NOT rocketlauncher?

Posted 3 years 3 weeks ago
    • Simple question - I want to change the template on one of my sites, but installing just the new template isn't nearly as useful as what I get when I use Rocketlauncher, with all of the sample pages.

What I'd love to do is wipe my current pages entirely and install a new template with all of the sample data, but NOT nuke my Joomla installation and start from scratch with Rocketlauncher, as I have a lot of components installed with their related data and such.

I'm totally cool taking the site down for a full day to do this, even.

Is there a way to do this? My site has had the same template for a couple years now and it's time for a refresh!
    • Christopher Ambler
      https://bit.parts
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Install new template with samples but NOT rocketlauncher?

Posted 3 years 3 weeks ago
    • You didn't say what template or Gantry version?

For Gantry 4 the answer is no.

For Gantry 5, most of the content for the main home page is in particles on the "home" preset that you can create a new outline of your own from - then assign that to your "home" menu item. That will give you a home page that looks pretty much like the demo (with placeholder images rather than copyright images). For the internal pages they ten to use more Joomla modules. If you install the template only you won't get those modules at all and would have to recreate them all.

Each template (regardless of Gantry version) has it's own documentation page on our site and this contains instructions how to recreate the demo page from scratch.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds