0 items Join Now

Upgrading from old Clarion template to "Zenith" with latest features

• Huzaifah
    • Rocketeer
    • Shahz Communications

Upgrading from old Clarion template to "Zenith" with latest features

Posted 3 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hi!
      I have been using older version of clarion for the past few years. Now want to upgrade my website to the latest version of "Zenith" template. Could you please guide me as to do so by upgrading the template or building the new version of the website.

Regards
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Upgrading from old Clarion template to "Zenith" with latest features

• Clarion uses Gantry 4. Zenith uses Gantry5. They are two very different frameworks. There isn't really an "upgrade" path from one to the other. The two framework workflow and way of doing things are quite different and to get the best out of Gantry 5 you should do things the Gantry 5 way. So, really, unless you have lots of articles and modules that you need to retain you're best starting over with the "rocketlauncher" package of Zenith which gives you an exact replica of the demo. You can then edit this to meet your needs. Gantry 5 does have a learning curve to go through but it's well worth the effort.

Please read the Gantry 5 docs to learn all the new terminology such as "outlines" and "particles" http://docs.gantry.org/

There's also the Zenith template documentation that tell you exactly how to recreate the demo too https://rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/templates/zenith/demo.md

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Huzaifah
    • Rocketeer
    • Shahz Communications

• Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Could you please have a look on this website build in clarion old version with gantry 4. If you start over again with Zenith with gentry 5 and with Rocketlauncher package, I need to redo a thousands of artickesa and multimedia. So you could you please tell me the suitable way to do. Or is there any paid service as support to get this task done
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so if you really do have to use your existing site then you should clone the whole site to a test are (using Akeeba backup and kickstart). Then you will need to install Gantry 5 and the "standalone" version of the Zenith template. Then, if you assign the "home" outline to your "home" menu item it will look like the demo. If you need module positions you will have to create them yourself on the outline layout in the place that you need them (it's just a case of dragging and dropping a "module position" particle onto the layout of your outline and giving it a "key" module position name).

I'd recommend that you don't keep Gantry 5 and clarion installed in that cloned site because otherwise it will get very confusing.

I'd recommend that you install yourself a local rocketlauncher copy of the zenith template to refer to.

I really think that you should get familiar with Gantry 5 before you attempt the upgrade of your existing site.

RT does not offer paid development services - if you want that you make your request in the "Marketplace" forum quoting your requirements, timescale, budget and contact email address. Freelance developers will then contact you if they are interested in the work.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds