Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

"Read more..." not shown in article language in Joomla Articles particle

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

"Read more..." not shown in article language in Joomla Articles particle

Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,

It seems that the Joomla Article particle (when used in a home page outline) does not pick up the article’s language (it-IT) to display the “Read more…” text in the correct language, as neither the default Joomla it-IT language strings nor my language (it-IT) overrides (for all constants with a value “Read more”) are called up. Only the standard English “Read more…” text is displayed where the “Read more” element has been inserted in the article.

I know that the Joomla System Language Filter plugin works correctly, as the menus are shown in the correct language (Italian).

Configuration used:

For the Joomla Article particle, under the Read More tab, the Read More option is checked and set to “show”, but the Read More Label option is unchecked, as I want the label text to be shown in the article language, rather than be the same text for all languages of the site.

The article’s language (it-IT) is also the site’s default language. I have even de-installed all languages other than Italian from the site – to no avail.

Other details: Joomla 3.9.26, PHP 7.4, Template: Interstellar

Thanks,

Carl
    • Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Carl L.. Reason: Added the template to the "Other details"
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: "Read more..." not shown in article language in Joomla Articles particle

Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    • Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds