Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

adding google tag manager code to rockettheme templates

• adding google tag manager code to rockettheme templates

Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    • hello there i would like to use the google tag manager script but cannot implement into rockettheme (only the UA code!)
      could someone tell me which file in the cygnet theme i need to implement the code into please as struggling!

thank you
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: adding google tag manager code to rockettheme templates

• Template manager > styles - select "MASTER" template > features tab - enter UA code and enable google analytics.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: adding google tag manager code to rockettheme templates

• hi Mark - as i mentioned i dont want to just add the UA code - i have already done this, i need to implement the script with the google tag manager file (i would copy and paste it but your system blocks me!)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Our system does not block anything. Your editor might and joomla might but that's nothing to do with RT.

You could paste the script into the templates index.php file but that will get overwritten by template updates - so, it's better to use a third-party extension to dynamically add any scripts that you wish to use. I'd suggest this one on JED https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/core-enhancements/coding-a-scripts-integration/headtag/ - but there are also many others on JED that you could use.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: adding google tag manager code to rockettheme templates

• Hi Mark, i tried that but it didnt show anything, i will try again ,thanks i will look at the extensions
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Please tell me the script you are trying to add and where?

Why would anything show?

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds