Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Older templates and security question

• Brettbuc
    • Hero Rocketeer

Older templates and security question

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if I use an older template, like Paradigm, and I keep Gantry, Joomla, and extensions up to date, is the older template a security risk? Or is it about keeping the other mentioned items updated, to keep secure from hacking?

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Older templates and security question

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • For Gantry 4 templates you will only be able to keep joomla up to date on the J3.10.x series (it will not be made to support Joomla 4). Joomla will only support the J3.10.x series for a further two years - we will try to keep the support on G4 and the templates during that period but we may stop support earlier than than (no decision has yet been made).

So I'd actually recommend that you use a Gantry 5 base theme (as that will be made to support Joomla 4 shortly).

Either way, the way of securing a site against hackers is to use a proper security product such as Akeeba admin Tools Pro or RSFirewall.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds