Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla 4.1 -gantry 5.5.11 Accessibility Checker not working

• Daniel
    • Rocketeer

Joomla 4.1 -gantry 5.5.11 Accessibility Checker not working

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,

Just updated to joomla 4.1 and gantry 5.5.11 for testing on my local install. I am not able to get the accessibility checker to work on the front end. It loads and works in the ACP for joomla but not in site wide mode with gantry. However the icon does show on all pages but does not do anything when clicked.

Is there a script/atom that needs to be loaded in the page settings for this to work?

I am using the intesteller template, could it be a template issue?

The default setting for the joomla: accessibility checker plugin is "main", does this need to be edited and if so, to what, and does this setting only work for the main content component or can modules and/or other sections be added to the plugin settings?

I teried with a few containers like: g-navigation etc but nothing worked. And been searching joomla and the web for answers but being the update just came out nothing found yet.

If anyone can replicate this please share if finding a fix.

Thank you!
      Daniel
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla 4.1 -gantry 5.5.11 Accessibility Checker not working

• There are not many aria labels in RT themes but you can add them by adding tag attributes to sections. So, what the plugin needs is an aria label to target e.g. role="main". However, even giving it such a thing to target, it does not work... the plugin is failing with a JS error (look in browser console) - so I actually think you should be reporting this to Joomla rather than RT because an "out of the box" plugin should not be failing with a JS error like that. Like anything new I suspect it will take them a few attempts to get it working properly.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Daniel
    • Rocketeer

• Hi MrT,

Sure, It works with the default joomla and jreviews vivaz templates. Only gantry and rt templates does this occur, that's why I brought it up here.

I'm not seeing any aria labels in these templates or console, where this in working, that would suggest an aria label is what the default setting of "main" is keying in on. In fact two different templates I've tried where its working have different container labels.

The joomla cassiopeia template uses a tag for the component like:
      <main>
      <jdoc:include type="component" />
      </main>

The jreviews template uses:
      <div id="component-wrapper" class="component-padding>
      <jdoc:include type="component" />
      </div>

and the checker works on both of these with the plugin setting as "main". I tried every container identifier around the the component in rt and its not picked up.

The JS error only happens in gantry/rt. I don't have any errors on the other templates.

Cheers!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• None of the gantry templates use an html "main" tag.

I raised a github ticket on the Gantry 5 opensource project as I don't think it's anything RT specific (and in fact I'm not even sure it relates to gantry either - it could just be a Joomla bug).

https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/3010

There's not much else I can do.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds