Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla update configuration question

• Joomla update configuration question

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • I am using the Audacity 2.5 template and have the latest template with gantry 5
      I updated the latest gantry before setting the joomla update to next
      I then updated the joomla version since I had checked that the template was the latest and version to use for the updated joomla and was ok.

Now that the update is there and the new and most recent joomla version is installed everything looks fine except the articles and categories images that were orgiganlly set to float left are not floating left. It is showing above the full article for both the article and intro. image in blog layout of categores.

I took a look at settings in admin area of page and the image shows it set to float left.

My question for you

is there a setting in global configuratoins for blog layout that will force the catetories layout to shows each intro. image to float left? or what do you recomend I do to avoid having the layout issue.?
      Should I revert back to my org. and wait for the site updates to continue without jumping into for 4.0 I was at 3.9 before I changed it today at 4.1

My images are 500 x wide if that info is needed.
      Thank you.

Thank you.
      Cr.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cindy rodriguez.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Joomla update configuration question

• In the article on the images and links tab each image now has a class field - this is where you can enter "left" or "right" to align the image.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Joomla update configuration question

• question, if the articles were aligned to right in site before the 4.1 update ,do I still have to re align each article already created prior to update?

I saw the opttion to align articles but did not see it align left when I selceted it. In the configurations area it is showing articles to align right.
      Can you please send a link to tuturial, so I can see if this is area I was looking at if available?

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There is no Tutorial. Just put the class of "left" or "right" that's it. Yes, you have to change all articles - this is J4 for you.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • I understand, I see how the new changes are done , but it is timely to manually change every article to float left everything else transfers over, is there any chance a message can be sent to Joomla team for the Joomla 10 version to configure that feature? Thank you. Cr.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • No, we're not Joomla and they won't listen to us anymore than yourself. So please raise a ticket on Joomla if you believe this is an issue for them to resolve.

In respect of "Joomla 10" I'm not sure what that means at all?

Regards, Mark.

Posted 6 months 1 week ago
    • I have a new questions but don't see area to create new topic.
      I have upgraded to latest Gantry I noticed on the menu some of the items show Gantry and some do not I am currently using Joomla 3.10
      I am not sure why the gantry menu option is not showing up in all the menu items, what do you suggest ? I am using php 8.
      I am not comfortable going into joomla 4 as the pre check says the gantry plugin has some issues /

PLease send a message on any information you can to help.
      I am hoping if some of the menu items work that maybe another gantry update will be coming along. I am not sure if I should downgrade the gantry but If you can confirm if I should use Joomla 3.10 but not upgrade to latest gantry.

Thank you.
      CR
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 6 months 2 days ago
    • This thread is very old and I need to lock to keep new issues on topic.

Please post a new thread in the appropriate template forum. If your concern is with Audacity for Joomla, for example, pleaes use the blue "New Topic" button here: rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-template-audacity

Please note that support here is for issues related to the templates and not for general Joomla Support. There are a wealth of documents and a large support community dedicated to Joomla

docs.joomla.org/Portal:Joomla_4
      forum.joomla.org/

Joomla 4 does not use the same utility classes that Joomla 3 uses. It is using native Bootstrap 5 classes for most things
      getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/getting-started/introduction/
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds