Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Seems Quiet

• W Shealy
    • Hero Rocketeer

Seems Quiet

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • Well I came by thinking I'd renew my Joomla Template Club during the usual holiday sale. It is very quiet. I have been a member since 2005 and soldiered through with you the last two years. I missed my renwal in January and was thinking today was the day. However, the last roadmap post is dated 2020. While I have obviously been loyal and would like to support y'all well there doesn't seem to be a lot of energy. Maybe I should wait and see.

Wallace
    • The following users have thanked you: MgAskii

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Seems Quiet

Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    • Well we are a much smaller team than we once were. I'm still here every day to offer support to our members. We recently released the "studius" template and have updated the entire Gantry 5 back catalogue to work with Joomla 4 (which took a huge amount of resources).

As you're no doubt aware Joomla will stop supporting Joomla 3 in about 15months time - so if you haven't yet updated your sites then that alone is a good reason to be renewing your subscription.

Gantry 5 continues to get regular releases (one every 4 - 6 weeks) that fix bug and makes enhancements to it.

If you are interested in updating to Joomla 4 then please read these two articles:

https://rockettheme.com/forum/announcements-all/287041-joomla-4-and-j3-10-your-questions-answered

https://rockettheme.com/forum/announcements-all/287272-gantry-5-5-x-release-important-notes-before-you-update

I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Jami Dennis

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Seems Quiet

Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    • I really don't think your are quiet and wasn't aware that the team got smaller.

I wonder if this is because with all the knowledge base and also more experience from Rocketheme clients, there's no need for less support?

Or on the other hand it's related to the Joomla side? People always ask if joomla is dying because of wordpress and again i don't feel it buy the quantity of template and extension developers active.

Just curious as i like the popular phrase "Small is Beautiful" :)

Cheers

Miguel

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds