Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Switching from one template to another

• Switching from one template to another

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • I would like to create a new site using the Ambrosia Template. Would it be possible to transfer the articles present in another one created with the Iridescent Template? If yes, how? And could the same be done with Modules?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Switching from one template to another

• Yes use something like j2xml to do that. But... You really should move on from gantry 4 templates now. Gantry 4 does not support joomla 4 and joomla are ceasing support for joomla 3 in august of this year.

Use gantry 5 and a gantry 5 template.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Switching from one template to another

• But Ambrosia happens to be Gantry 5! Or is it not true? I did some small tests with Joomla 4.2x and it seems to work fine. Is there anything else I should know? Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Switching from one template to another

• My bad, yes there is a G5 version of Ambrosia. The easiest way of “moving” all you articles is to clone your existing site to a test area, install gantry 5 and ambrosia, uninstall your old template and framework, uninstall all the old RT “rok” extensions. Then you will have to start configuring your site to work with Gantry 5 (refer to a local copy of a rocketlauncher of Ambrosia).

https://rockettheme.com/forum/announcements-all/287272-gantry-5-5-x-release-important-notes-before-you-update?start=0#1441743

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds