Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RokCheck? and rockettheme.com outage on February 1, 2023

• RokCheck? and rockettheme.com outage on February 1, 2023

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • On 2/1/2023 I found that the Joomla admin dashboard was suddenly unable to function on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 sites. The rest of the admin menu seemed to function just fine. On Joomla 3 the dashboard did not appear at all but a meaningless error message appeared with "return to dashboard" - which simply repeated the same display of nothing useful.

On a hunch I disabled RokCheck and that cleared the problem. However, when I tried to access rockettheme.com, after a several second delay, I got the message

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Today (2/2/2023) the rockettheme.com site is (obviously) reachable. However, when I re-enabled RockCheck, the Joomla admin dashboard layout got somewhat scrambled on Joomla 4 sites and the original error screen returned with Joomla 3 sites.

What might be going on??
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokCheck? and rockettheme.com outage on February 1, 2023

• RT site has been under a high DDOS attack as have some of our competitor sites too.

We have had to temporarily implement extra steps to reject the bots attacking us. That includes a captcha. Obviously rokcheck cannot respond to that captcha - hence error - so for now you will have to leave it disabled.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RokCheck? and rockettheme.com outage on February 1, 2023

• rokcheck should be ok now - could you have another go and see if it works now for you too?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds