Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Photon Blog View

• Photon Blog View

Posted 1 year 1 week ago
    • Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get my blog to look the way I want it.

The format is simple: I want the articles to show up three across with just the image and intro showing.

I have created 5 test articles which should be enough to show two rows: one with three articles and a second one with two.

The challenge is this: When I use the "Read More..." to break the article where I want it to break in that view, I no longer get the articles three wide. Instead I get one column about 33% of the width of the page with all 5 articles displayed top down.

I am sure this is probably something simple to fix.

Note: If I remove the "Read More.." breaks from the articles, they display in the three columns properly, but the whole article is displayed.

With regards,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Photon Blog View

Posted 1 year 6 days ago
    • More than likely here you have placed the readmore in a place in your article that leaves html elements unclosed when only the intro is rendered. i.e. (in psuedo code)

This would be incorrect and break the columns:
      <div>
      <p>intro para</p>
      ...READMORE...
      </div>
      <p>full para</p>

This would be correct and the columns would be fine:
      <div>
      <p>intro para</p>
      </div>
      ...READMORE...
      <p>full para</p>

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 6 days ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds