Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Is Rockettheme dead?

• andy.T
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Is Rockettheme dead?

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I did ask in forum for support an older template but there was no response. Also no more answer by some emails I send.

If I look the forum and blog posts there are more postings years old and not big actuak stuff.

What is happenening? Is this wonderful platform dead?

THX
      Andy
    • The following users have thanked you: Daniel Benson

• Re: Is Rockettheme dead?

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • It certainly looks like it. I purchased a J4 template about a week ago and I can't get any support on it because the forum is dead (and I'm not paying for "premier support").

The RocketTheme team needs to either create a ticketing system for purchaser support or declare itself done. The level of aftersales service is currently a joke.
  • Re: Is Rockettheme dead?

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Is Rockettheme dead?

Posted 7 months 1 week ago
    • If posts receive a reply after the initial posting they are not marked for moderator review, as they've received a reply of some kind (even if you reply to yourself)... we do try and check other posts as I'm doing here. I think the above linked thread was a good discussion.

Support is still replying hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts every month, most of which have been answered in some way or form previously. Always search first (Google searches work better than the native forum search for many things)... ChatGPT has indexed all the forum posts as well and can prove useful. Beyond that, just ensure you're posting in the correct forum and your issue is related to RocketTheme products. Unfortunately we can't answer all the general Joomla inquires.
    • Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Re: Is Rockettheme dead?

Posted 7 months 1 week ago
    • I've been a member of RT since before the Mambo/Joomla breakup. I have helped in the forums as much as I was able to over the years. I am dismayed to hear of Mark's passing. He was such a force on this forum.

I just renewed my membership. I had reached out by email before renewing and hadn't received even a hint of a reply. Feeling like I wasn't appreciated but really needing help with a problem installation (since you can't have access to this forum unless you are a paid member), I bit the bullet and renewed.

I have posted my request for help with what looked like two, but maybe connected, issues. Matt replied which helped with one (Thank you again, Matt.) but the greater issue still exists. I am really hoping to get help with that soon.

I've read through the previous thread about the future of RT, and I do believe that if there is to be a future, it will be because we all are willing to stay connected here and help as much as we can. I've seen this type of thing happen in the past in other venues (I've been in this business for over 30 years.) and it was proven over and over again that it was the community that kept it alive. I truly hope that everyone will step up now and do the same.
    • The following users have thanked you: Quenda, Marc

• Best wishes,
      Rae

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds