Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Versla RT Templates compatibility with PHP 8.1 ?

• Bigfly
    • Rocketeer
    • New on Rockttheme

SOLVED Versla RT Templates compatibility with PHP 8.1 ?

Posted 6 months 4 weeks ago
    • Hi,
      I made manualy the update of Gantry with Helium templates to 5.5.16 because Joomla do not propose it. If i didin't come on RT website or Gantry I couldn't know this update...
      I saw this message and I had to put, on few Gantry Helium websites, the Joomla error message to none >> rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...hp-8-0-compatibility Not very good...
      Apart from that, my question on a website with Versla RT Templates : is Versla (with Gantry 5.516) fully compatible with PHP 8.1 ?
      Thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Versla RT Templates compatibility with PHP 8.1 ?

• Gantry PHP 5.5.16 is fully compatible with PHP 8.2. You may see some deprecated notices, but those are not service impacting errors, just notices that can be hidden by lowering Joomla's error reporting... notices that don't even show up in WordPress or Grav (by default).

Gantry Nightly release 5.5.17 resolves the deprecated notices, it is not a release candidate yet though, see here: rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...50-we-need-your-help

The Themes themselves don't really have any PHP... they have some Chrome loaders and template helpers for different CMS's, but its very minimal
    • Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Bigfly
    • Rocketeer
    • New on Rockttheme

• Good morning,
      Thank you Matt for this quick and precise response.
      I will update to Gantry 5.5.16 and PHP 8.1 mid-next week on a site with the Versla template (+ widgetkit, JCE, RS form etc...) and will come back here to confirm that everything is OK. I have no doubt that this will be the case but I will still make backups first, just in case. Deletion under Joomla of error messages while waiting for G5.5.17.
      About Gantry 5.5.17 and Karol Orzel's post here rockettheme.com/forum/gantry-framework/2...ntry-needs-your-help : I'll go quickly (hopefully next week ) install a test site to test G 5.5.17 and provide feedback on my configuration
      Thank you and have a good weekend
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Bigfly
    • Rocketeer
    • New on Rockttheme

Posted 6 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hi,
      As indicated I had install a test version to check the PHP 8.1 Compatibilty :
      My config :
      Php 8.1*
      J 4.3.4
      RS form 3.2.1
      JCE Editor 2.9.50
      Cookiesck-light_3.3.4
      Widgetkit 3.1.21 *
      Gantry 5.5.16 *
      Versla 1.5
      Hikashop 4.7.5

I have this error message (set on maximum) that I understand (reading Matt : Thanks) that's not a problem :
      "Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx.net/templates/rt_versla/html/layouts/chromes/gantry.php on line 31 "

if rapport error on defaut or simple = no error message

My conclusion : Versla/Gantry 5.5.16 is fully compatible with PHP 8.1
      I will rapidly try to update to Hiskashop 5 then Gantry 5.5.17 adn come back on the forum.
      Thanks Matt for your help.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds