0 items Join Now

[Important] Gantry needs your help!

• Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

[Important] Gantry needs your help!

Posted 7 months 2 days ago
    • Hello Everyone,

This is Karol Orzeł, the lead web developer at RocketTheme. We are excited to announce that we are in the final stages of preparing Gantry 5.5.17. As we gear up for this update, your participation and feedback are invaluable to us.

Many of you have previously reported issues or warnings with the latest Joomla, Wordpress, and PHP 8.x versions. This is your opportunity to verify if those bugs have been resolved. Your input is crucial in shaping a stable, reliable product, especially since we're operating with limited resources.

Here's what we need from you:

1. Download the latest CI Build: Navigate to [Gantry Downloads]( gantry.org/downloads#ci-builds ) to find the latest Continuous Integration builds.

2. Test on Your Installation: Use your staging/testing environment for this. Don't use production websites.

3. System Requirements: Make sure you're using at least PHP 8.0. For optimal results, we recommend PHP 8.1 or 8.2. Also, please ensure that Grav, Joomla or Wordpress are updated to their latest versions.

4. Compatibility Note: Please be aware that most RocketTheme extensions like RokSprocket are not fully compatible with PHP 8.x or the latest Joomla version. This also applies to Gantry 4. Disable these extensions before conducting any tests.

5. Test, Test, and Test Again: We can't emphasize this enough.

6. Feedback: Kindly report any bugs or issues in this forum thread or on our GitHub repository github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues . I will personally review both platforms.

By contributing your insights, you'll be playing a key role in speeding up the release of Gantry 5.5.17 and enabling us to focus on further extension upgrades and new template development.

Thank you so much for your cooperation. We're looking forward to rolling out Gantry 5.5.17 with all the necessary improvements very soon.

---

Thank you for your continued support and commitment to making Gantry better.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joe Halleck, dwm-pl, Zulima, Matt, Brousse, MICHAEL KOONTZ, Christophe Lance, ercangenc, Suls, Bigfly COM_KUNENA_THANKYOU_MORE_USERS

• karolorzel.com
    • c.gm
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: [Important] Gantry needs your help!

Posted 7 months 1 day ago
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Posted 6 months 3 weeks ago
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• I have to admit. Response to this thread is overwhelming! Literally one person replied. Wow!
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt, Poppie

• karolorzel.com
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I love you though <3 -- I'll throw it at some production sites when I catch my breath later this month
    • Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Karol Orzeł

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: [Important] Gantry needs your help!

• I've just installed it on a development server.

All working fine now but I did have a glitch after installation where I was getting browser console errors "...was blocked due to MIME type (“”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff)" which prevented loading some media files. Clearing my hosting account's cache resolved the issues.

Hard to complain about the lack of responses to this thread - I only came across it by chance when checking back to see if there was any news on this release. There has been so little in the way of updates on gantry for a very long time. That said, this update is appreciated. Looking forward to it being released.
    • Bigfly
    • Rocketeer
    • New on Rockttheme

• Good morning,
      Following this message here rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion...ibility-with-php-8-1 I discovered this message here (I don't come to the forum enough. ..!).
      I will quickly test Gantry 5.5.17 under PHP 8.1 and 8.2 under a new site with the extensions that I use in production (JCE, Widgetkit, RSform etc...) and tell you my experience.
      I would just like to know if once under G5.5.17 it is simply possible to migrate back to Gantry 5.5.16 via "installation of extension" in the Joomla menu?
      The idea being to use this test site initially for Gantry 5.5.17 then to return to my configuration corresponding to the online site (which will be in G5.5.16)
      THANKS
    • Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Bigfly.
    • Bigfly
    • Rocketeer
    • New on Rockttheme

Posted 6 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hi,
      I made a website test with this configration (Gantry 5.5.16) :

Php 8.1 and 8.2
      J 4.3.4
      RS form 3.2.1
      JCE Editor 2.9.50
      Cookiesck-light_3.3.4
      Widgetkit 3.1.21
      Gantry 5.5.16
      Versla 1.5
      Hikashop 5.0

Result :
      Many messages
      « 
      Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx.net/templates/rt_versla/html/layouts/chromes/gantry.php on line 31
      « 

if Joomla rapport error on defaut or simple = no error message

Then I had install the Gantry 5.5.16-dev-7519e3d87 :
      Tested with Php 8.1 and 8.2
      J 4.3.4
      RS form 3.2.1
      JCE Editor 2.9.50
      Cookiesck-light_3.3.4
      Widgetkit 3.1.21 *
      Gantry 5.5.16-dev-7519e3d87
      Versla 1.5
      Hikashop 5.0

Result :
      All seems OK no error message despite Joomla error message set to maximum

Big thanks to the developper (Karol Orzeł?) for this work.

PS : Is it a good idea to test with Joomla 5 or Gantry and RT templates are not yeat ready ? rockettheme.com/forum/general-discussion/290363-joomla-5
      If not ready with J5 it's not a probleme Joomla 4 seems ok stil oct 2025. So no stress ;-).
      Thanks for all
  • Re: [Important] Gantry needs your help!

• I'm waiting for a customer to send me data to start a new site. Assuming they don't take forever, I'll test out this build and report back with updates.
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

• Hey,
      Thanks for this report.

This error:
      Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/xxxxx/xxxxx.net/templates/rt_versla/html/layouts/chromes/gantry.php on line 31

is Gantry independent unfortunately :( Needs to be fixed with each and every template separately :( or you can just copy this file from 5.5.17 or 5.5.16 Helium to /home/xxxxx/xxxxx.net/templates/rt_versla/html/layouts/chromes/gantry.php

:)
    • karolorzel.com

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds