Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Font Awesome

• Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Font Awesome

Posted 3 months 3 weeks ago
    • With the new X-Twitter icon needed, do we have an updated integration for the Font Awesome icons for the templates yet? If not, I'm not sure how to add this into a template. Any update or suggestions? Thanks.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Font Awesome

Posted 3 months 2 weeks ago
    • Gantry loads Font Awesome 5. If you want to load a different version you can follow install their recommended kit: fontawesome.com/start

Or use CDN hosted libraries: cdnjs.com/libraries/font-awesome
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Appie
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago
    • Matt wrote:
      Gantry loads Font Awesome 5. If you want to load a different version you can follow install their recommended kit: fontawesome.com/start

Or use CDN hosted libraries: cdnjs.com/libraries/font-awesome

Matt,

I am using the Manticore joomlatemplate and also trying to get the x-twitter font awsome on the site.
      Ihave tried the fontawsone howto and the cdn hosted file but cant get it to work for me.

Found even the topic with an better explanation and the picture of the settings. Bu still cant get it to work for me..

Even if I set settings to use font awsome 6 in manticore page settings, I still see
      Displaying FA5 icons (see Base Outline > Page Settings > Font Awesome)

in my font picker for social particle??

Hope you or some one reads this and wants to help.

Greetz,
      Appie
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• The newest version of Gantry 5 will upgrade FA5 to FA6. After upgrading, or toggling from FA4 to FA6 you'll need to go into any Particles with the Icon Picker field and re-pick your icons.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Appie wrote:

Even if I set settings to use font awsome 6 in manticore page settings, I still see

That's a typo, if you're on the latest version of Gantry 5 you see FA 6 as what's set on you Page Settings tab you'll have access to all the FA 6 icons
    • Appie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Matt wrote:
      Appie wrote:

That's a typo, if you're on the latest version of Gantry 5 you see FA 6 as what's set on you Page Settings tab you'll have access to all the FA 6 icons

Matt thanks for the quick response,

Yes, I have installed the latest Gantry and installed it again after a new download, it says on the page settings page I can chose from Legacy FA4 and FA6 (screenshot)

But on the social particle I can’t chose the x-twitter FA icon.
      I already knew I needed to reselect the fa icon in the particle after changing the settings but
      Even tried it on a fresh install on my test server.

Appie
    • Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Appie.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Somethings off with the woff2 file in Gantry... replace

/gantry5/assets/webfonts/fa-brands-400.woff2 with the attached

... not sure that'll get it to show in the picker... but at the very least you can set fab fa-x-twitter
    • Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Appie

• Appie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Matt wrote:
      Somethings off with the woff2 file in Gantry... replace

/gantry5/assets/webfonts/fa-brands-400.woff2 with the attached

... not sure that'll get it to show in the picker... but at the very least you can set fab fa-x-twitter

Matt,

Thanks indeed that did the trick... X has arrived on my site finally..

For others the full path to the file is:
      ..\media\gantry5\assets\webfonts\fa-brands-400.woff2
      Matt wrote:

... not sure that'll get it to show in the picker...

And no it doesn't show up in the picker (at least not by me) just put "fab fa-x-twitter" in the box... and there you go

Thanks Again,

Appie
    • Alain
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • In Gantry 5.5.19 Social particle I simply put - fab fa-x-twitter - in the box of FA4, cleared the cache, and it works :)

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Let go of what we believe to be, to awaken to who we are...
      Alain
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Alain wrote:
      In Gantry 5.5.19 Social particle I simply put - fab fa-x-twitter - in the box of FA4, cleared the cache, and it works :)

That's interesting... Did you also replace the file? I'll try and do some testing... maybe FAv4 is using the FA CDN instead or something??

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds