Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Editing

• Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

Editing

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Hello,

I am a newbie, so new that I just installed Joomla friday and added my first template yesterday. I would like to ask the following questions:

1. What software I can use to edit the templates. I use dreamweaver for html sites, but when I load this in all I see is code that says php.

2. Is there a "I am using Joomla and giddy" hotline I can call? I am so thrliled with the quality and exicted to learn something new while the folks I show go ho hum.

Ok only the first one is important, but any advice as far as software or programs that would help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: Editing

• Joe,
      Welcome to Joomla! I am sure that you will love it as much as everyone else around here. You have certinaly found the best templates avaiable. Now, the short answer is to modify the template to your personal needs you will not probally edit the index.php file. Most of your editing and modification will be in the css file and the images.

You will need to modify the css file to change, for example, the link colors and things like that. You can just use Dreamweaver to do this. To modify the main colors, images, backgrounds, logos, etc. you will need to do all of this by editing and exporting the images. This images are provide for you in a .png source file in the downloads. You will need Macromedia Fireworks to edit this file. (Or photoshop to edit the psd file, but I suggest using Fireworks) If you want to test Fireworks out (if you don't already have it) you can download a 30 day trial and play around with it.

This is not really a "how-to" but at least it will get you started editing these great templates. Best of luck with Joomla!
    • Last Edit: 18 years 1 month ago by .
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/
    • Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hey Stewart,

The css information was exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• Joseph Kolb wrote:
      Hey Stewart,

The css information was exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much

No problem, good luck.
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds