Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How Do I Change the Text in the RocketTheme Headers...

How Do I Change the Text in the RocketTheme Headers...

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • In the GlobalBiz template, for instance, there is text in the header, "Global Business Company" and "The get it done company" - I would like to replace with my own company information.

How do I accomplish that?

TIA

- Dan
    • Last Edit: 18 years 1 month ago by .
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: How Do I Change the Text in the RocketTheme Headers...

• Stewart Thompson wrote:
      You will need to modify the source file located in the downloads section to create new images. You will need a program like Macromedia Fireworks.  See this
      www.rockettheme.com/index.php?option=com...=643.msg2939#msg2939

Thanks for that. It seems a bit of a steep climb to require the purchase of a software product just to change some elements that will require changing on EVERY site.

Also, I have a question about the downloads. After reading your message, it seemed to me that many of the header files for download are not fully editable, in that they are JPG. I just looked at the PrimeTime downloads, as an example - and even though the icon for the Blank Header suggests it is a PNG file - when I dowload the file, it downloads as a JPG file. This happened with many of the header files.

Am I missing something?

TIA

- Dan
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• PNG is a graphic format just like JPG is. When you open a PNG file on your computer it looks like a picture.

As to having to go to trouble to change headers etc ... uh well yeah the template is a generic one not a cusomt made one. Gneeric in the sense that it has a certain look with generic wording on. It's up to you to then make it look like your site by changing the headers. The headers are just image files (usually PNG or JPG).

The PNG is the whole template, the header is then saved as a JPG. You make your own JPG image, if you dont to change any actual code just save your new header image that you created the same name as the old header image and upload it replacing the previous one. Then the default/generic header will be replaced with yours.
    • HNL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I think it must be possible to code the stuff in such a way
      that automatically the name of the website
      is inserted into the header.

There is one template from Jooml*Art that is doing that.
      It is JA-Vega, I seem to remember.
      But then again you have to be satisfied
      with the given background.
      Or change that also and then you are
      back again with the .png stuff.

Cheers, HansNL
    • zerolight
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• On most of the templates it's not an editable font that's in the header but an image. You best bet is to replace the image with another, or try to modify it. You could use something like PaintShopPro which is shareware. It's not as simple as just changing the test I'm afraid. However a really cool font is supplied on digital ether (I think) that I use on most of my headers. I even use it on bubblicious which I'm running with at the moment at www.zerolight.co.uk
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• it is possible to have the site title show up in the header, but really this is not a good solution for 99% of people. You won't be able to do any effects, images, fades, etc, and will be stuck with the standard web fonts. That makes for a pretty lame looking header. If your going to go to the trouble to install a custom theme, modifying the header image to match your logo/name should not be that big a deal.

• zerolight wrote:
      You could use something like PaintShopPro which is shareware.
      Small correction: PaintShopPro is no shareware. It is buyware that has a trial period. After the trial period the software doesn't work anymore.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds