Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Making my site better?

Making my site better?

Posted 18 years 3 weeks ago
    • Has anyone got any ideas on how I can make my site better (link in sig) any modules or bots I could add? Chuck any feedback you have in this thread :)

Cheers for your help and time in advance.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

Re: Making my site better?

Posted 18 years 3 weeks ago
  • Re: Making my site better?

Posted 18 years 1 week ago
    • Yes, I have a suggestion.

Your site is basically an aggregator, you compile and collect articles from other sites and present them. One thing you could do, like other such sites seem to successfully do is to have comments. Allow users to interact with the site.

Joomla Comment extensions >>> extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...t_id,1764/Itemid,35/
    • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Resizing the images to the correct size or not stretching/squishing them with so that they end up with a horribly pixelated edges would improve the look a lot too imho... it is a site about HDTV, the images look Lo-definition.

Maybe having a fluid design would be nice too (currently seems to be slightly larger than 800pixels)
    • I'm an Individual, just like everyone else...

• Micah Johnson wrote:
      Resizing the images to the correct size or not stretching/squishing them with so that they end up with a horribly pixelated edges would improve the look a lot too imho... it is a site about HDTV, the images look Lo-definition.

Maybe having a fluid design would be nice too (currently seems to be slightly larger than 800pixels)

I agree about the images. Having some problems with the new JCE editor hence the problems with some text.

What do you mean by a fluid design? Is the site too wide?
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Fluid means it resizes according to the browser width. Not sure if you can do it with that template, I've never used it.

it's just slightly too big for an 800x600 screen (meaning you'll get horizontal as well as vertical scroll bars at that resolution) I guess not many people run at that resolution... seems most are 1024x768 or bigger these days... (I've got 1280x960 on a 19inch monitor and used to run at 1600x1200...)

it should be possible to either reset the images to default size or run them through an image processor to get smaller versions...

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • What do you think now the banners and news categories are installed. Have I gone overboard?
    • Whoey
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 17 years 11 months ago
    • not bad.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds