Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Summit Mtn Lodge: Metropolis J3.2 site with Hotel Booking system

• Summit Mtn Lodge: Metropolis J3.2 site with Hotel Booking system

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Summit Mountain Lodge

Loads of work went into this one! But it is working pretty nicely, and lots of reservations are coming in through the site so the clients are very happy.

Some quick specs:
      • front page slider is SmartSlider2 (awesome if you've never used)
      • RokBooster compressing all external java and css (skirted the dreaded 500 internal error via some .htaccess settings)
      • Responsive logo (client wanted large desktop logo, so a customhtml module serves different logo sizes based on browser width)
      • JomRes booking system (works ok, steep learning curve though and limited customization)
      • hacked trip advisor API integration (there stock embed code is not responsive) and styled according to site
      • Fixed background with loads of semi-transparent modules give a nice 3-d feel I think
      • 3 different google fonts used

Hope you guys and gals like it! I would love to hear your constructive critisisms.

Thanks,

Tyson
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Summit Mtn Lodge: Metropolis J3.2 site with Hotel Booking system

• That's pretty slick... I like the slider, might have to try that one soon! I think you should hide the slider in mobile view... it gets too small... but really good use of the Metropolis theme!
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Summit Mtn Lodge: Metropolis J3.2 site with Hotel Booking system

• Thanks Blam!

As far as the mobile slider goes, if you just shrink the browser, yes I agree that gets too small! ... But a seperate slider gets served based on browser detection, so iPhone and Andriod see a seperate version, and tablets see a different version as well that each have far less text on each slide.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• ah, that's the 2nd time recently I've been caught on that... I need to toggle my user agent these days. :)
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Summit Mtn Lodge: Metropolis J3.2 site with Hotel Booking system

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Wow! Nicely customised website.

Your loads of work wasn't in vain.

Thumbs up!
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    • Beautifully done. The site loads a bit slow but, other than that, impressive job.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds